Jul 16, 2020
SUMMER DAYS WITH YOUR DOG
We all love spending sunny summer days in the outdoors with our dog companions and usually means lots of fun times with your dog although being overager in the hot weather could put them in harms way.
Take these top 5 simple tips:
- Keep your pet hydrated by giving them plenty of fresh and clean water
- Availability of a shady place to get out of the sun
- Exercise - avoid peak temperature times
- Don't leave your pet in the car!
- Check your dog regularly to ensure your pet is not overheating
Did you know:
Food and drink commonly found at barbeques can be poisonous to pets.
Ensure you keep alcoholic drinks away from your pets as well as raisins, grapes, onions and chocolate.
We all know dogs like a treat stuffed kong, so why not try this summer twist.
Simply stuff the kong or a similar food stuffable dog toy like the Nobbys Rubber Snack Ball with wet dog food such as one from our Lovejoys wet dog food range, softened kibble such as one from our Lovejoys dry dog food range and mashed bananas - the pop it in the freezer for a cool and frozen treat.
Enjoy your summer fun and keep safe!